Nordic Built Challange / Iceland / Höfdabakki 9 Green Office Park
‘ Octagon, polygon
Pipes up an organ
like my fingers’ (Bjork)
– to renew the image of an exhisting landmark, recalling the aurora borealis fragmented in thousands of crystals;
– to raise insolation, taking advantage of solar heating.
An addition: a glasshouse
– to increase the wellbeing allowing a relationship between users and the surrounding, during winter time.
– to define the main entrance of the site through a usefull service.
Park system reinforcement
– to merge buildings and environement.
Public spaces configuration
– to set new liveable squares where axis and buildings intersect.
– to create distinct entities for high and slow speed.
– to improve the area’s quality, reflecting light into the shadier side of the building.
Modular elements in open space
– to create a variety of areas of interest or situations in support of working activities;
– to garantee flexibility and durability easily disassembling materials and parts.
- Project: Nordic Built Challenge Competition
- Size: 8000 sqm
- Location: Reykjavic
- Year : 2011
- Team: Michele Brunello and Marco Brega (Partners) with Davide Rapp, Moez Chatmen, Giulia Dogliotti, Giorgio Donà
- Client: Nordic Built Challenge