Opening exhibition: “Across Chinese Cities – Beijing – 2015”
Opening : 15th may 2015 at 10 am
Antares Pavilion, in PRIMO RAMO intervention,
in the Science and Technology Park Vega
Beijing Design Week with the collaboration of DONTSTOP architettura, for the second consecutive year in Venice presents; “Across Chinese Cities – Beijing”, an important research about spatial transformation of Beijing city developed on with the case study of the historic district of Dashilar. Elected by DOMUS one of the “BEST OF” Collateral Event of the 14th Biennale of Architecture, in 2014, during its first exhibition in the Venice has been a great media success. Today in occasion of universal EXPO 2015 and the birth of the PRIMO RAMO project, “Across Chinese Cities – Beijing” retracts once again and recounts those processes of adaptation that have remained constant over time and remain paradigmatic for many contemporary cities such as Beijing.
“Across Chinese Cities – Beijing” is a conversation between built forms and communities around an architecture of resilience and relationships unique to Beijing and the Dashilar area.
Date: 16th may – 31st october 2015
Opening hours: from Thursday to Sunday, from 9 am to 7 pm
Press Preview: 15th may at 10 am
Place: PRIMO RAMO VEGA, Marghera, Venezia
- Project: Across Chinese Cities – Beijing
- Location: Marghera, Italy
- Year : 2015
- Organization: Beijing Design Week
- Curators: Michele Brunello (DONTSTOP architettura) and Beatrice Leanza (Beijing Design Week)
- Special Installation: Ma Yansong
- In collaboration with: Dashilar Platform, Neill Mclean Gaddes, Yijing Xu
- Participants: For “Across City Sections”: Dontstop architettura – For “Across Dashilar”: Abitare China magazine, Approach Architecture, CAFA – Central Academy of Fine Arts, Matali Crasset, CYJO, Instant Hutong, Nippon Design Center, LAVA design agency, Lumalu, Meta:Hutongs, People Architecture Foundation, People’s Architecture Office, reMIX Architecture, SANS practice, Varvara Shavrova, Standardarchitecture, Studio Ramoprimo + MDDM Studio, The DaZhaLan Project (Cao Fei and Ou Ning), Jia Yong, MAD Architects, Michael Young, Hua Xinmin, Cui Yong
- Coordination: Beijing Gehua-Rizzoli Design Communication Co.,Ltd – DONTSTOP architettura (Michele Brunello e Marco Brega) – GA Holding Beijing Dashilar Investment Limited
- Senior Consultants: Ma Yansong, Stefano Boeri, Wu Chen, Wu Wenyi, Fang Zhenning, Zhu Xiaodi, Zhang Ke, Chen Zhanhui, Kengo Kuma, Cai Hongyan, Zeng Hui, Wang Zhizhong, Jia Rong
- Exhibition design: DONTSTOP architettura (Michele Brunello and Marco Brega) with Omri Revesz studio. Team: Giorgio Donà, Caterina Fumagalli, Shilong Tan and the collaboration of Donatello De Mattia
- Official Sponsor: Shanghai Zendai Group, Sunshine 100 China Holdings ltd.
- With special support from: Beijing Municipal Commission of Urban Planning, Xicheng District People’s Government of Beijing Municipality, Beijing Industrial Design Center, Embassy of Italy in Beijing, Fondazione Italia Cina, City of Venice–Venice Expo Committee
- “Across City Sections”: Xichen Zhang, Associate Professor, School of Design, Jiangnan University, China, Fabbricazione digitale: Fablab Venezia, Stampanti 3D Made in Italy: Wasp