CIAO&BRIDGE, the common border of creation
The Ciao&Bridge Project represents the humanity’s background noise, which now takes place with 3.3 billion air passengers per year traveling, and located in the metaphor of the Chinese character meaning “Bridge” pronounced equally to Italian greet “Hello”, which has become one of the words of global language that extends beyond national boundaries.
An ideogram that becomes a word that turns into transnational sound. A bridge that is a greeting and takes on meaning of bridge between cultures, countries, people.
Ciao&Bridge Project sponsored by AirChina, China’s only nation flag carrier, celebrates the arrival of the 50th Airbus A330, that event means that AirChina becomes the most important operator of AirBus A330 worldwide. Supported by Beijing Design Week, Beijing Tianzhu FreeTrade Zone, Beijing Airport Free Trade Zone and Slow Food China, the “CIAO – Bridge, the common border of creation” is a special project for celebrating the 40th anniversary of Sino-Euro’s formal diplomatic relations. It is curated by DONTSTOP Architettura (Michele Brunello and Marco Brega) and will be shown in Milan Malpensa Airport during the Expo 2015 in Milan. The project includes three artists’ works: by Katherine Xiao,Ludovica Anzaldi, Patrizia Piga and beautiful drawings made by children of Venus kindergarten.
- Project: CIAO&BRIDGE. THE COMMON BORDER OF CREATIONA
- Location: Malpensa Airport and Slow Food Pavilion in EXPO 2015
- Year : 2015
- Team: Michele Brunello e Marco Brega, Alessandro Agosti, Giorgio Donà, Caterina Fumagalli
- Supported by: Beijing Design Week, Beijing Tianzhu FreeTrade Zone, Beijing Airport Free Trade Zone and Slow Food China, Ambasciata Italiana nella Repubblica Popolare Cinese, Fondazione Italia Cina, SEA, Istituto Italiano di Cultura, UnionPay, Sino European Innovation Center
- Artists: Katherine Xiao,Ludovica Anzaldi, Patrizia Piga and beautiful drawings made by children of Venus kindergarten
- Client: AirChina
- Photos: Matteo Guidetti